Over the last week we have seen an increase in phishing emails related to COVID-19. Below are tips from The Department of Homeland Security CISA (cyber and infrastructure). We recommend you forward the information below to your employees so that they are aware of this new email threat.
The Department of Homeland Security CISA (cyber and infrastructure) encourages individuals to remain vigilant and take the following precautions.
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments. See Using Caution with Email Attachments and Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Scams for more information.
- Use trusted sources—such as legitimate, government websites—for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information.
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission’s page on Charity Scams for more information.
- Review CISA Insights on Risk Management for COVID-19 for more information.